Wednesday, January 27, 2010

The iPad Cometh...

Apple's iPad

I've been looking forward to a device that may capture the imagination of the public in a way that the kindle or the nook or the Sony reader hasn't. 

This may be the device. 

I still think it will take a few years and at least two updates to the device (no flash? no video conferencing, no GPS?) but you gotta start somewhere.

The multi-touch technology is impressive as is the apparent speed. I can't wait to try one to see what it can do.

Could this user in a whole culture of new hand gesture symbology? This demo made me wonder. I can only image what app developers may come up with...

and how long before flexible technology is integrated?

While I'm in no rush to lose physical books, I do look forward to when I can read books that I have no interest in owning a physical copy of... text book, topical books, etc.


1 comment:

Fluxion/MCH said...

oops! I published this by accident before actually finishing the post... trying to do to may things at once...

M