Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Today is the day! Vote America!


Finally. The day is here. Time to vote.

I haven't felt anticipation like this since I was a child excited over the coming of Christmas morning. Last night felt like Christmas eve.
I couldn't sleep, my whole body is tingling, and I'm too nervous to eat, or concentrate on anything.


It is 6:30 a.m. Pacific standard time as I write this.
Here in Los Angeles it is raining too. I plan to walk to my polling place in a few minutes...


I'd like to predict a landslide for Barack Obama, due to an overwhelming out pouring of young people and others who were inspired to not be cynical... that the democrats would pick up enough seats in Congress to have a filibuster proof majority.
I don't want to be overly optimistic, though.... just cautiously excited over the potential....


When can anyone remember this much potential?
I've never been that excited about a presidential candidate.... but I am over Obama.

He has the potential to become our generations Roosevelt or even dare I suggest, Lincoln.
He and his administration will face some terribly steep challenges. It is a cross roads for this country... do we descend further, or do we rise...


Barack Obama said have hope.... and this time I actually do.

Vote Obama for a renewed America!

No comments: